- Knob of butter
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2pt milk
- Chopped/dried parsley
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- oz white fish
- frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and
fry until softened.
- Poach the fish until you can flake it and remove the bones.
- Parboil the potato slices for a few minutes.
- Melt the butter, and stir in the cornflour. Add the milk and
stir continually over a medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Mix frozen peas, chopped parsley and onions into the white sauce
well, then gently stir in the fish.
- Place the fish mixture in the bottom of an oven proof dish, cover
with the parboiled potato slices and top with a knob of butter and
some black pepper.
- Cook for 35-40 mins, or until the potatoes are crispy.