A particular favourite of Paul’s!
- 6oz butter, cut into pieces
- 5oz golden syrup
- 2oz muscavado sugar
- 9oz oats
- A few oz mixed fruit or raisins/sultanas (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the base of a shallow 9in square
tin with a sheet of baking parchment.
- Put the butter, syrup and sugar in a medium pan. Stir over a low heat
until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats, and fruit if used.
- Press the mixture into the tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden
brown on top.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then mark into bars
or squares with the back of a knife while still warm.
- Cool in the tin completely before cutting and removing – this
prevents them from breaking up.