This is a really quick desert to rustle up – it takes about 5 minutes to make, and less to cook! It’s also very versatile: you can use jam, caramel or butterscotch sauce, golden syrup or even Cartmel sticky toffee sauce.
- 2oz butter
- 2oz caster sugar
- 2oz self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 2tbsp milk
- 2tbsp jam, golden syrup, or caramel sauce etc.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in egg and milk in stages to avoid curdling.
- Stir in flour.
- Place jam/syrup/sauce in a microwaveable bowl (ours is 2pt glass), then pour batter on top.
- Cover the bowl, and cook in the microwave on full power for about 3.5 minutes, or until the sponge is cooked through.