- 6oz ginger nut biscuits
- 2oz butter
- 1.25lbs cream cheese
- 2 lemons
- 2oz caster sugar
- 10inch flan tray or cake dish with removable base
- Food processor is handy for breaking up the biscuits
- Turn the biscuits into crumbs, either with a food processor or with
a large rolling pin!
- Melt the butter on the hob & mix in the biscuit crumbs.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the dish and refrigerate for at least
- Grate the zest off the lemons, and juice them. Place the zest in
boilng water for a few minutes, then drain.
- Beat the cream cheese, zest and sugar together; then gradually add
the juice and beat until smooth.
- Pour and smooth the mixture over the top of the biscuit base, and
refrigerate for at least 2 hours.