This is a good dish for using up left-over vegetables, so feel free to
add in whatever’s lying around.
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 medium potato, cut into large dice
- 3tbsp curry paste (to taste)
- 7oz basmati rice
- 8oz cauliflour florets
- 1.25pts hot vegetable stock
- 1lb can chopped tomatoes
- 4oz green beans, trimmed
- 1lb can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Small carton natural yoghurt, 2tbsp mango chutney, popadoms etc. to
- Heat the oil in a large, lidded casserole dish. Add the onion and
cook until soft. Add the leeks and potato and cook for 5 mins,
- Add the curry paste and stir to coat the vegetables. Add the rice,
stir, and cook for a minute. Add the cauliflour, tomatoes and
stock and stir.
- Cover dish and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 mins on very low
heat. Add beans and chickpeas and stir for about 5 mins until the
rice is cooked.
- Cover the pan and leave to rest for 5 mins.
- Mix together the yoghurt and mango chutney and serve with the curry