A great (and simple) treat for a celebration … or just because
it tastes so good!
- 2 steaks weighing about 6-8 oz each, and about 1 inch thick
- 2 level tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 1 level tsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- 6 fl oz beef stock (made up strong – 1 stock cube)
- 4 tbsp cream
- 2 tablespoons Cognac (optional)
- An hour before cooking, leave steaks out to warm up. Rub a little
salt into them.
- Heat up a frying pan until very hot, then add the oil and
- Place the steaks in the pan, and leave cooking for a few minutes
(according to preference – 4 mins well done, 2 mins rare).
- Turn the steaks over and leave for another 1-2 mins.
- Pour over the Cognac (if being used) & allow to reduce.
- Then add the beef stock, cream and pepper. Stir well.
- Allow to cook until the sauce comes together, then serve.